Assault & Battery Victim Representation in Manhattan
If you have been seriously injured after being attacked by another individual, you may have a personal injury claim against them on top of the criminal charges they may be facing. Assault and battery are taken very seriously in New York City. Swerling Law is here to help you pursue justice after being harmed by another party. We understand that you may be suffering from a number of physical, emotional, and even financial burdens as a result of an attack. Swerling Law is committed to ensuring that you recover the compensation you are entitled to after an event of this nature. To discuss your situation and learn how we can help, contact Swerling Law today.
Assault & Battery in NYC
Victims of assault and battery in New York often want to hold their offenders accountable for the burdens they have caused. These are serious offenses that often involve criminal charges, but may also provide room for the victim to recover additional compensation for the physical and emotional consequences of the incident. It is important to recognize that assault and battery are two different things. Assault can be defined as threatening to or actually making a physical attack on another person. Battery, on the other hand, can be defined as the unconsented physical contact, regardless of whether it is violent or not, against another person. Incidents of assault and battery can have serious implications on a victim, often making them suffer from significant medical expenses, lost wages, and emotional distress.
Significant Cases Handled By Swerling Law
Swerling Law has a great deal of experience representing clients who have been the victim of assault and battery in New York City. Some of Swerling Law’s notable instances of success include the following:
- Settlement to a woman who was assaulted and sustained back/hip injuries in 2015, winning $3 million
- Verdict to a high school student who was assaulted by a school dean during her lunch period dislocating her hip in 2014, winning $1.415 million
- Settlement to a child inmate of a detention center who was body slammed by a guard causing him to sustained an open head injury requiring staples in 2017, winning $261,000
- Settlement to a man who was assaulted by a bouncer outside a club causing him damage to his hearing in 2014, winning $225,000
- Settlement to a man who was assaulted by a drunk patron in a bar causing an orbital fracture in 2019, winning $205,000
- Settlement to a man who was assaulted by NYPD officers during an arrest, subjected to a public body cavity search, and assaulted in 2016, winning $157,000
- Settlement to a man who was assaulted in a bar causing him to sustain an orbital fracture in 2016, winning $145,000
Contact a NYC Assault & Battery Attorney
If you have been the victim of assault or battery in New York City, it is important that you retain the services of an experienced injury attorney who can help you find justice after this challenging time. Swerling Law has decades of experience representing clients who need our help when it matters most. To schedule a consultation with Attorney Swerling, contact our firm today.