Supermarket Accident Attorneys in Manhattan
Going to the supermarket usually viewed as more of a general nuisance than a legitimate danger. With that said, there are a surprising amount of risks lurking in the aisles of the grocery store. Supermarket accidents happen far too often and are usually the cause of supermarket management and staff who failed to ensure that there were no hazards to shoppers. If you have been seriously injured in a New York City supermarket accident, it is important to consult with an attorney that can fight on your behalf to recover compensation for the burdens that you have faced. Swerling Law is here to help. Contact Swerling Law today for strong legal representation when you need it most.
Types of Supermarket Accidents in NYC
If employees or management in a supermarket are negligent in diligently maintaining the safety of the store, shoppers and delivery workers alike can become seriously injured. Supermarket staff is responsible for ensuring that all potential hazards are remedied in a timely manner. There are a number of different ways that an individual can become injured in a supermarket, some of which include the following:
- Falling product displays
- Trip and falls
- Slip and falls on spilled liquids or leaking freezers
- Broken shopping carts
- Inadequate security
Fulfilling the Burden of Proof in a Supermarket Accident
If you have been seriously injured in a supermarket accident, there is a strong chance that you would like to take legal action for the burdens caused by the accident. A successful lawsuit requires you to prove that the supermarket was negligent in maintaining a safe premise and that this negligence caused you to become injured. There are a number of ways to satisfy the requirements of the burden of proof. It is always best to start the documentation process immediately when the accident occurs to ensure that the most accurate evidence is obtained. Some of the ways to preserve evidence after a supermarket accident include the following:
- Take pictures and videos of the conditions that caused you to become injured as soon as possible. This is arguably one of the most important steps after an accident because spills or leaks can be cleaned up quickly.
- Notify management before leaving the store so they can write up an accident report. If the manager did not know that an accident occurred, it may hurt your case. Be sure to write down the manager’s name and try to obtain a copy of their accident report.
- If there were any witnesses to the accident, be sure to obtain their contact information because they may be able to help support your claim if necessary.
- It is also important to seek medical attention at either the emergency room, with your own doctor immediately, or at an urgent care facility because a doctor will be able to document all of your injuries. This can be crucial when trying to recover damages.
Contact a NYC Supermarket Injury Attorney
If you have been the victim of a supermarket accident in New York City, it is important to consult with a skilled personal injury attorney. You may be entitled to significant compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, loss of enjoyment of life, and more. Swerling Law has the experience it takes to ensure every client’s case is provided the attention it deserves. Contact Swerling Law today to schedule a free initial consultation.