Car accidents can be caused by an array of negligent behaviors. If you were injured in a car accident as a result of another negligent driver, you may be entitled to compensation. Reach out to our experienced New York personal injury attorneys at Swerling Law today to learn more.
What are the 5 most common causes of car accidents in New York?
There are several different causes of a car accident in New York. Here are the 5 most common causes that you should be aware of:
- Texting while driving: In today’s day, people have become more reliant and addicted to their mobile devices and technology. If you use your phone while driving, serious life-threatening events can take place.
- Speeding while driving: Many deadly car accidents could have been less critical if drivers drove slower. In many cases, crashes could be avoided entirely. Speeding decreases a driver’s ability to maintain control of their vehicle. Make sure you are observing and abiding by the speed limit at all times.
- Drinking and driving: Alcohol is one of the leading causes of car accidents each day. A person’s ability to safely drive their car drops significantly after they’ve had alcohol. From a legal and safety standpoint, drinking and driving is never worth it.
- Distractions while driving: Messing around with the center console of your car to modify settings or to change the radio station can cause you to take your eyes off of the road. These distractions can result in serious consequences. Be sure to keep your eyes on the road and eliminate as many distractions as possible when driving.
- Weather conditions: The chances of getting into a car accident drastically increase when the weather is bad. Rain, snow, and ice cause the roads to be slick, resulting in the possibility of losing control of your vehicle. Be cautious when the weather is bad, and if possible, stay off the roads.
It is important to keep in mind these common causes of car accidents to ensure that you are keeping yourself and other drivers safe.
Can I sue if I was injured in a car accident?
If you were injured as a result of another’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact our experienced New York personal injury attorneys to discuss your options.
Contact Our Experienced New York City Firm
If you have been injured in a New York City accident, Swerling Law is here to help. Our firm understands the challenges that many people face after being hurt in an accident and is prepared to help you receive an award of significant compensation to ease some of your burdens. To schedule a consultation with an experienced construction site accident attorney in New York City, contact Swerling Law today.