Public and private owners have premises liability and are responsible for keeping their properties reasonably safe for visitors of the property. If your injuries were the result of dangerous property conditions, you have the right to take legal action. Contact our knowledgable New York City personal injury attorneys, at Sterling Law to get started. Our firm is committed to walking you through each step of the personal injury claims process.
How do premises liability accidents occur in New York?
In New York City, property owners have a duty to maintain a safe property for their visitors. If a property owner fails to inspect their property of hazards, someone may be seriously injured. Sterling law has decades of experience representing clients in various premises liability claims, some of which include:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Elevator accidents
- Escalator accidents
- Falling and collapsing ceilings
- Hotel accidents
- Negligent security
- Stairwell accidents
- Sidewalk accidents
- Supermarket accidents
- Window accidents
If you were injured by one of the above incidents or any other type of property incident, do not hesitate to reach out to the Law Offices of Bryan J. Swerling to schedule a consultation.
What should I do if I get injured on another’s property?
If someone else’s negligence was the result of your injuries, you may have a personal injury claim. The most important thing you can do after a premises liability accident is to obtain as much evidence you can. The following steps should be taken in order to ensure you have a strong claim against the negligent party:
- Call 911 and have an ambulance dispatched.
- File a police report.
- Take photos and videos of the scene of the accident, including the hazardous conditions that caused the accident, and the injuries you sustained.
- If there were any witnesses, ask for them for their contact information to use for future reference.
- Seek medical attention to ensure your injuries are properly treated.
- Ask your doctor for documentation from your visit, including the origin of your injuries and their severity.
- Contact an experienced New York City personal injury attorney to assess your case and obtain more evidence that could be key to your premises liability claim.
- Don’t forget about the New Jersey statute of limitations. You must file your claim within 2 years from the date of the accident.
Contact Our Experienced New York City Firm
If you have been injured in a New York City accident, Swerling Law is here to help. Our firm understands the challenges that many people face after being hurt in an accident and is prepared to help you receive an award of significant compensation to ease some of your burdens. To schedule a consultation with an experienced construction site accident attorney in New York City, contact Swerling Law today.