It may come as a surprise, but simply going out for a bite to eat can be more dangerous than you may realize. When dining at a restaurant, there are countless ways for an injury to occur. Read on to learn more about restaurant accidents in New York.
What are the Most Common Restaurant Accidents?
There are a number of ways for an accident to occur in a restaurant, including:
- Burn accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Hearing damage
- Food poisoning
- Eye injuries
- Cuts or slices
- Kitchen fires
- Soft tissue injuries
Fulfilling the Burden of Proof
An injury can take a major toll, physically, mentally, emotionally, and financially. For example, you may face lost wages, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and more. If you were injured due to another party’s negligence, there is a good chance that you deserve compensation to help ease the burdens you face as a result of your injury. In order to recover the compensation you deserve, you will have to fulfill the burden of proof. In order to do this, be sure to:
- Call 911: Immediately after an accident occurs, call 911. The police can send an ambulance to the scene. This may seem unnecessary, but it is important to go to the hospital, your doctor, or an urgent care facility. It is possible to sustain a serious injury without realizing it. Additionally, your injuries may not heal properly without the help of a doctor.
- Alert the manager: Tell the manager of the restaurant that an accident has occurred. This will help ensure that he or she files an accident report. If possible, obtain the manager’s name and a copy of the report.
- Document the scene: While waiting for the ambulance, take pictures and videos of the hazardous conditions that caused your accident to occur.
- Obtain witness contacts: If anyone saw your accident occur, they may be able to corroborate your version of events. Ask for their name and contact information.
- Speak with an attorney: An experienced personal injury attorney may be able to obtain further proof of negligence, including security camera footage, police reports, and more.
If you have been injured in a restaurant in New York City, reach out to our firm today. We will fight to recover the compensation you need and deserve.
Contact our Firm
If you have been injured in a New York City accident, Swerling Law is here to help. Our firm understands the challenges that many people face after being hurt in an accident and is prepared to help you receive an award of significant compensation to ease some of your burdens. To schedule a consultation with an experienced construction site accident attorney in New York City, contact Swerling Law today.