Airport accidents can result in severe injury, which is why it is important to retain the services of an experienced New York personal injury attorney that can help you navigate through the claims process.
What are the different types of airport accidents in New York?
There are a number of different ways airport accidents can occur in New York. Because there are so many varying features of an airport, it is important that there are hard-working staff members ready to ensure that no one is at risk of injury. Even with the most diligent staff, however, accidents can still happen, which is why you will need an experienced personal injury attorney on your side if you have been injured in an airport. The most typical types of airport accidents our firm has seen include the following:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Negligent security
- Poor lighting
- Construction work accidents
- Hotel accidents
- Restaurant accidents
- Dangerous sidewalks and parking garages
What steps should I take if I have been injured in an airport?
You may have a viable premises liability claim if you have been injured in an airport due to the negligence of another. It is vital that you take the following steps promptly after your airport injury if you are able:
- Call 911. The police will dispatch an ambulance and file a police report.
- Take photos and videos of the hazardous conditions that caused your accident.
- Gather contact information from any witness to the accident. These witnesses may be able to verify your version of the events.
- Seek medical attention to ensure your injuries are properly treated. Ask your doctor to present you with medical documentation pointing to the origin and severity of your injuries.
- Retain the services of a skilled personal injury attorney that can help you through the claims process.
How long do I have to file my personal injury claim in New York?
The state of New York has a statute of limitations of three years for all personal injury claims. This means that if you fail to file your airport accident claim within three years from the date of your accident, you will lose the chance to file your claim and obtain the compensation you deserve.
Reach out to our personal injury firm as soon as possible to ensure that you are filing your personal injury claim on time.
Contact our Firm
If you have been injured in a New York City accident, Swerling Law is here to help. Our firm understands the challenges that many people face after being hurt in an accident and is prepared to help you receive an award of significant compensation to ease some of your burdens. To schedule a consultation with an experienced construction site accident attorney in New York City, contact Swerling Law today.